At Twiggle we believe computers should understand people, just like people do. To enable that, we are building a powerful knowledge-based search technology. The Senior Algorithms Engineer position at our office in central Tel Aviv is an opportunity to leverage your engineering ability in order to create a disruptive e-commerce experience.
Engineering at Twiggle involves a diverse array of technically complex problems, including:
- The design of systems that efficiently and robustly represent and retrieve structured knowledge
- Implementation of NLP mechanisms
- Providing a unique end-user experience, and optimizing the technology to do that
About the role
The long-term success of our venture relies on you taking the initiative to engage in complex problems and proposing novel solutions. You will have to exercise your skills across a range of tasks — owning end-to-end design and implementation of software in an industrial context. You will interact with a multi-disciplinary team of software engineers and product specialists; that team includes individuals who are both expert code craftspeople and trained engineers with Ph.D. and M.Sc. backgrounds.
- M.Sc with distinction or Ph.D., with specialization in an applied field of Computer Science or Engineering.
- Code craftsmanship, proper design and usage of APIs, creating testable code, parallelization, refactoring, debugging and troubleshooting, avoidance of performance bottlenecks and judicious application of optimization.
- Algorithmic thinking, in particular the design of high-performance data retrieval over complex structured data.
Interested in applying?
Send your info to firstname.lastname@example.org.